Most voted for AWPSs
The WRI plans to take several roads:
- work on Web Publishing Systems’ code to improve their output
- publish code and architectural approaches from such projects to aid developers of other Web Publishing Systems in improving their products
- develop assistive tools to help developers of Web Publishing Systems improve their products
- define a set of requirements for Web Publishing Systems and set up a certification program for Web Publishing Systems, based upon those requirements
- publish “best current practices” - index and publish which Web Publishing Systems come closest to producing accessible output. This can fill the gap between ‘now’ and when WRI-certification is a fact of life
In order to achieve this, WRI aims to team up with other parties in the fields of standardisation, Open Source, accessibility and interoperability.